Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Dark Jeb Rises

Howdy, you guys! My name is Kyle Blair, and I am a member of Jeb Kennedy- believe it or not!

I was away for the summer, and I've missed out on some really cool Jeb-related stuff because of it. INCLUDING Jeb Kennedy's month of art dedicated to Batman. This was really hard for me to miss because it is obviously awesome, but also because us Jeb guys have bonded a lot over a love for Batman stuff over the years. But I am glad they did it, nonetheless, because they created some of the best art this blog has ever seen.

During my summer travels, I spent much of my time backpacking through South Africa. If you're wondering how that was, just pop in your old VHS copy of Jumanji. It was exactly like that. For those of you who like details, you can go over to the blog, South Africa or Bust. My friend who accompanied me on the trip, Daniel Brouns, wrote it while we traveled.

To wet your appetite for art to come, here is a little project I worked on just before I left. I did a pair of George Orwell book covers a while back, (Animal Farm, and 1984), and I was so pleased with the result and the feedback that I decided to do two more books from another author.

Below is The Grapes of Wrath and Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck. My goal for these book covers is to pull imagery from the text and not necessarily just the titles. After some thought, I decided on the tortoise and the hare for this pair. Both animals are significant in their stories but are also commonly grouped together- so it worked out.

I would like to do at least a third set, so let me know of you have any suggestions of authors!

P.S. I'm really looking forward to being back with my Jebs. It was hard being away for so long.




P.P.S. Here is the Orwell covers in case you missed 'em:



P.S.P.S. Here is a board I made just before leaving on my trip to S'Africa. It's a flag, and I did it with spray paint:


2 comments:

  1. I would love to see a Kurt Vonegut series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input! I'll keep that in mind. It has a much better chance of happening than the person who requested Stephenie Meyer.

      Delete